Monday, December 2, 2013

Started From The Bottom


Having returned home this morning (Monday), I find myself listening to Kendrick Lamar and Miley Cyrus on repeat.  

A sure sign of an enjoyable weekend

On Thursday, I drove to Florida. 





And, this morning, I walked back in my door at 5 a.m. Four days, and a few hours; total damage: 




In between, mostly excellent things occurred, with a single exception (one specific play during the Football Game That Will Not Be Named). 

For the first time since I left Tampa, I finally felt again totally comfortable in my own skin. Probably because I was, in fact, back in Tampa.  It sure felt good to be home. 

Going back to Tampa is like having the reunion I never want to have.  Only because I wish there was so little time lost between the crew. Reunions should be unnecessary.  

I can hardly adequately describe the satisfaction I receive from getting back in touch with Charlie, Kristy, their amazing family, Ian, Tim, the assorted other Kristys, Sweet Tomatoes, USF and, of course, my daughter: 


(and adopted nephew, here pictured using the couch as designed)

But what truly made this weekend special was simply seeing how well all my friends are doing.  Everyone seems genuinely happy.  

Me, included.  


The weekend in Tampa was so totally fulfilling, and I can't wait to make my way back down there.  

This weekend, on a scale of one-to-five, was Emily Ratajkowski.






3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Florida.
    I am also unaware that I was a "grandmother" LOL
    "Blurred Lines" scale was a perfect ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure you are gay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous commenter from domain "USF.EDU", I will find you! lol

    ReplyDelete