Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Dream



With the Thanksgiving holiday approaching, I have been giving extra thought to family.

I simply can not wait to spend a couple of days with Mom and Dad. I appreciate their company, conversation, and ears (lol!) more than they may know. 

I'd never argue that my family is as close knit as some.  I recall families in North Dakota spending every meal together. 

Our household was much less regimented. 

That being said, no son wishes as fervently as this one that we could all be together. 

Honestly. 

If I were offered the administrator's position within the FAA right now, I would turn it down in favor of Mom, Dad, Christine and I all living happily together.  

My dream: 

In North Dakota, rural New Jersey, central Virginia, or wherever.

Family, a dog, a house.  Maybe a fireplace. 

With family. 

How perfect would that be? 


1 comment:

  1. Fabulous. Crazy and chaotic, lots of laughter and tears but perfect!

    ReplyDelete